Follow @HANazirGill Become The Artist Within | Dear Muslims

Aslam o Alaikum Muslims

Asslam o Alaikum Muslims!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Become The Artist Within

I think every child is born a natural artist. I am sure that as a
kid you loved to paint. I bet you used to like writing stories or
at least creating imaginary worlds that you'd often escape into.
Yes? You're not alone.

There is great happiness to be found in art and creativity.

But sadly, as we grow older, many of us lose or forget about our
artistic tendencies and (often quite natural) talents. When you
think about it, it's fairly easy to do. Once we leave school the
focus becomes 'get a job' and 'make a living'. Everyone knows that
there's no money in art (not always true but generally speaking, if
we all became artists then there would be no one left to buy our
art. The other problem we have and it's the reason that Van Gogh
died penniless, most art increases in value once the artist has
left this mortal coil, so that's not much good if you need to make
money TODAY).

True Story: I wrote poetry at school. It came easy to me. As the
class rebel it ruined my street cred but I enjoyed it. I then left
school and never wrote another line for around 20 years. The fact
that since then I've written over 250,000 of them is neither here
or there. Just think of the lost lines that I never wrote! They
will NEVER be written. Those 20 years are done and dusted. The hot,
raw and excitable feelings I had at the time and could have used as
inspiration have all but dulled into a forgotten crust. The ardour
of the moment has cooled. They cannot be recreated. They are gone.

It's the same with all the paintings I never painted, the gardens I
never planted, the songs I never sung. It's quite a big list. But
as you know, if you've been paying attention to The 77 Secrets,
there is no room in life for regrets, only action moving forward.

So, I am now speaking to you. No, not you. I am speaking to the
artist within you. Yes, you. I know you're there. Get out that pen,
get out that brush, get out that guitar or whatever else it is that
you do.

Then do it. Play, paint, sing, draw or write like there is no
tomorrow. For one day, there won't be.

I'll have more for you tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed this secret,
please let me know. Just hit 'Reply' and it should find me.

All the very best

Coutesy: the77secret.com

No comments:

Post a Comment